In partnership with Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation and Pinewood Centre (LHO), DMHS Senior Support Service is a comprehensive support service for individuals aged 55+ who have mental health issues, addictions concerns or a concurrent disorder.
Using a “hub’ model, the program is staffed by a multi-disciplinary team, led by a Nurse Coordinator. The primary goal of the program is to ensure that services are in place to enhance and extend independence and improve overall physical and mental health.
Who is eligible for Services:
- Individuals aged 55 and older living in designated Durham Region Non-Profit Housing Corporation and Ajax Municipal Housing Corporation sites that are:
- Requiring caregiver relief
- Feeling isolated
- Feeling sad and overwhelmed
- Requiring assistance with activities of daily living
- Requiring supports with mental health concerns and substance use
Supports could include:
- Telephone support, security checks, and telephone reassurance
- Linkages with other supports and services within Durham Region
- Physical health support around diabetes, blood pressure, smoking cessation, diet and nutrition, hydration
- Counselling around mental health issues and/or addictions from a recovery orientated and harm reduction focus
- Recreational support—linking to affordable recreation programs or other social networks
- Time limited homemaking services including shopping, house cleaning, and meal preparation.
- Time limited personal support services including dressing, personal hygiene, assisting with mobility, assisting and monitoring medication use and other routine activities of daily living.
- Case management and case coordination (limited availability)
For Information About This Program
• Call our C.A.L.L. Line (Crisis–Access–Linkage– Line) at 1-800-742-1890 or 905-666-0483
• Fax a Referral for Service to our Intake Team at 905-666-2976
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org